Q1- What is the difference between coaching, mentoring, Consulting and counselling?
Q2- What’s in it for me? Why should I take Coaching?
Any individual on earth will be thinking through following Questions and most of times he/she get stuck in between and restart again after sometime without any actions.
- What is my goal?
- How long am I trying to achieve it?
- What are the challenges am I facing to meet your Goals?
- How will I get my Goal?
A Coach can help to discover Answers for all above Questions and help to find innovative solutions for your goal.
Q3- Why do I require Coach?
An individual or team might choose to work with a coach for many reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- Something urgent, compelling or exciting is at stake (a challenge, stretch goal or opportunity)
- A gap exists in knowledge, skills, confidence or resources
- A desire to accelerate results
- A lack of clarity with choices to be made
- Success has started to become problematic
- Work and life are out of balance, creating unwanted consequences
- Core strengths need to be identified, along with how best to leverage themCoach can be someone who believes in
- People already have all the resources within them to achieve what they want.
- Every behavior has a positive intent in some context.
- People always make the best choice available at any given time.
- There is no such thing as failure, only feedback.
- Change brings change
- Coach is someone who can be your best companion to help you discover innovative solution for your Goals If you don’t know where to start looking, ICF (the International Coach Federation) is a global body that offers accreditation based on a combination of training and practical coaching experience. Coaches that attended ICF accredited courses or are ICF certified have at least proven that they are serious about coaching as these involve some investment in terms of both time and money.
Q4- How long will I need to work with a coach?
The duration of Coaching varies based on individual’s needs and preferences. E.g. certain type of focused Goal driven coaching may take three, 6 or 12 months with 1 session per month. Factors that may affect the length of time include the different type of goals, individual preference, and clarity of individual. It depends on where you are, where you want to go, and how quickly you want to get there. The coaching relationship continues as long as there is benefit to the client.
Q5- How does coaching work.
Coaching is a process. It can and does evolve differently over time with each person. For a high-level description of the steps in a typical session, please refer to the Coaching Services page.
Q6- How do you coach?
A coach helps the client to become aware of his/her values in life. This brings a sense of purpose and meaning to the Client in all her/his endeavors in life. E.g., If the Client has set a particular goal, the journey towards its achievement will be highly satisfying if the client is aware of values that have lead to these Goals. Coaching can be used to help the client to gain clarity, confidence, and Motivation. It helps the Client to choose a profession and career in line with his/her natural abilities. It can also help the client make the most decisions in life with clarity, ease, and comfort. The focus is entirely on what you want – I do not give you advice.